Saturday, April 15, 2006

I love LA

It was a tremendous day! We started out on Rodeo Drive and Alzbeta showed herself to be a world champion shopper. And it helps that she has no concept of what a dollar is worth. I'd feel bad for Marc if he didn't totally deserve this. It didn't hurt anything that Alzbeta (we have to find a way to shorten that to something other than Al!) needed clothes and she looked good in almost everything she tried on.

CF/Ven, at which store do you think Alzbeta made the biggest dent in Marc's wallet? My guess is Gucci, but she did pretty well at Prada and Theodore too.

I cleaned up at Venice Beach, which will no doubt thrill Conor since my total spent for the day was a mere fraction of Alzbeta's figure. :-) But hey, I have plenty of designer clothes, and when I went to VB with McCabe, I didn't get to do any shopping. My hurried purchase of a barrette doesn't count.

I'll let Ven and CF talk about their own purchases, but I brought home about half a dozen T-shirts, the cutest pair of tie-dyed tennis shoes and that store still had the barrettes so I bought more. And this visit, I got to watch the entertainers and I'm the one who joined one of the dancers mid-performance. I had to make up for the time Conor got so jealous, didn't I?

My feet hurt from all the walking, but it was lots of fun! Besides, I can still see the expression on Marc's face when I helped Alzbeta carry all her bags inside. Man, I wish I'd had a camera so CF and Ven could have seen it. That was the highlight of the day.

8 Comments:

At 4/17/2006 03:00:00 PM, Blogger Vendhetta said...

What a blast! I think Marc is gonna have a fit if anyone even mentions the word Prada in his presence now.

You're right...we really need a better nickname for Alzbeta...maybe Allie?

We'll have to have a girl's day again sometime...after we've given Marc a chance to cool down.

 
At 4/17/2006 06:37:00 PM, Blogger Mika McCabe said...

Maybe even before Marc cools down. ;-) We did have a good time, so why not get together when there is no need for Alzbeta to pay Marc back?

Hmm. Alzbeta isn't really an Allie. I'll have to give this some thought.

 
At 4/18/2006 09:50:00 PM, Blogger FAO said...

How about Betty?

Francesca A. Ortiz

 
At 4/19/2006 02:55:00 AM, Blogger Mika McCabe said...

Francesca,

I'm not sure about Betty. Alzbeta isn't a -y kind of person. Maybe Betz? This is tough!

~M

 
At 4/20/2006 06:21:00 PM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

Loved it Mika! Alzbeta is a blast have a hard time believing she's a dark demon? Hmm something went terribly right with that demoness.

Poor Mark.. but I can't believe how much money we all spent(at least mine is daddy's money to spend and not Smith's he had a big enough fit with the final figure...I believe the actual quote was "Why the hell would you spend that much on shoes?!" Oh well he's a man they don't understand the need.

I agree Ven... We must have a girl's day again... but where have you been?

CF/Red

 
At 4/21/2006 03:09:00 AM, Blogger Mika McCabe said...

It is hard to believe that Alzbeta is a dark demon! I'm glad she's so normal, though.

Poor Marc deserved it, CF. Maybe he'll learn not to take Alzbeta for granted from now on. Besides, he'll get over it.

I have to laugh at our men. Conor's response to seeing my super-cute tennis shoes was, "don't you already have a pair of sneakers?" LOL!

~M

 
At 4/30/2006 01:23:00 PM, Blogger FAO said...

Does Alzbeta have a preference like Betzee?

 
At 5/01/2006 07:26:00 PM, Blogger Mika McCabe said...

Francesca,

We could ask Alzbeta what she prefers, of course, but where's the fun in that? ;-) Orcus can be fairly formal as well, so likely she'd not want us to shorten it at all.

~M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home