Sunday, April 02, 2006

And the Beat Goes On

This last trip to Orcus seemed to have lasted forever. It also seemed to shift the whole world, and yet some things never change. My dad called. He wants to come down to Crimson City again and make sure I'm okay about the new baby. I told him it wasn't necessary, that I've come to terms with it, but he didn't believe me.

It's amazing how life can be put in perspective by almost losing the male who means everything to you. Conor shrugs it off, even dug up some old quotation for me about close only counting in horseshoes and hand grenades, but I can't be so blase about it. It seems every time I close my eyes, I see McCabe's near miss and when I think about how barren my life would be without him, well, I start pampering him.

He doesn't like it and I'm trying to stop being so serious with him, to tease him like I usually do. I've managed a few times, but all I want to do is hold him and tell him how much he means to me. That part, McCabe is okay with--it's my fussing that's making him all grumbly. I'll keep working on that, but I'm having trouble feeling like I want to tease anyone.

Speaking of grumbly, McCabe's father joined us at the Moondance Diner this morning about 2am. Maybe he was celebrating Daylight Savings Time. ;-) As soon as Conor saw Sebastian, he growled. It went downhill from there. Sebastian is truly trying to forge a relationship with his son, but even though Conor knows the ramifications of the Rauthima Summoning Ritual firsthand, he's not quite ready to forgive and forget. When I told his father how close McCabe came to dying in Orcus, my mate even growled at me. I made it up to him, though, when I got him in bed. Remember, I know Ten Tongue Tricks That Will Drive Him Wild. ;-)

4 Comments:

At 4/03/2006 07:15:00 AM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

How many of those tongue tricks were overrated? ;-)

Conor is male he's going to shrug off the things that probably scared him worse than they did you. I say keep pampering him and let him growl...he's probably having more fun with your fussing then he's letting on.

Conor's father's name is Sabastian??!! I didn't realize he's in the overworld ... hmmm...Does he happen to be tall dark and mysterious? Have a way of finding security gaurd's addresses? A hopeless romantic?!! I need to talk with Ven ASAP :-O

McCabe, shame on you for growling at your mate. Don't you think your father should know a little about your close call? I am surprised Sebastian didn't feel what was going on. I thought the demon-parent bond was highly complicated.

*Snort* Celebrate daylight savings time...as if! Less dark to stalk around in doesn't make me very happy. I am sure the fangs are so looking foreward to slopping on even more sunscreen. Well at least the nights will get warmer. I have a certain rain fantasy that might be fun to act out on the beach *grin*!

CF/Red
PS-Thanks for leading me to a certain demon DJ. He's been a blast to hang with. Even stuck up for me against whiner convert.

 
At 4/03/2006 03:33:00 PM, Blogger Vendhetta said...

Mika,
Just had to thank you for reminding me about that article.
The 10 tongue tricks came in handy last night.
CF, none of them were overrated.
No word on who my Sebastian is...but Nate is a helluva lot of fun!

 
At 4/03/2006 06:21:00 PM, Blogger Mika McCabe said...

Sebastian actually closely resembles Conor in appearance. They could pass for brothers. The biggest differences are hair length--Sebastian's brushes his shoulders; McCabe likes his short--and bulk. Conor weight lifts a lot. He's pretty big. Sebastian is muscular, but leaner.

I'm afraid I haven't spent enough time with Sebastian to know him well. Conor has some issues and it's up to me to keep the situation from exploding, which doesn't allow much opportunity for small talk.

The parent-child bond with demons ceases when the offspring reaches puberty. Probably a good thing with all those hormones raging. ;-) Sebastian would have no way to know if Conor were in trouble any longer. I would know, though, now that we're bonded.

Ah, but demons have no trouble with sunlight. We may be nocturnal, but in the same way that owls are. DST makes no difference to us.

Demon DJ? Which one is that? The only demons I can think of that I "steered" you toward are Zain and Nat.

 
At 4/03/2006 06:24:00 PM, Blogger Mika McCabe said...

Ven, Glad the reminder about the tongue tricks came in handy. I know how much Conor enjoys it, especially if I look into his eyes while I'm doing them and make a few appreciative sounds. ;-)

~M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home