Thursday, March 02, 2006

Jade Lee goes off the deep end

Hello all! It's Jade Lee and I'm at a bookstore where Seduced by Crimson is actually on the shelves. I just got my author copies a couple days ago, so it shouldn't surprise me to see the book up for sale. It shouldn't, but it does. My god, I can't believe this book is finally out!

I came late to the Crimson City party. I so wanted to be a part of it, but had other deadlines. And then, miracle of miracles, things changed (as often happens in publishing) and voila, I was offered a spot. I tried to play it cool. Really, I did. I said, "Hmm, let me think about--okay." My agent was cringing in the background calculating how much bargaining power I had just given up as I began to happy dance about the room. Okay...I didn't really get up and happy dance. My legs did it all by themselves where I sat at the table. Bouncy bouncy legs. Grinning Jade. Sighing agent.

Then...bam, I was writing and writing and writing and LOVING EVERY SECOND. I haven't felt that way since...well, since ever. This book allowed me to do everything I wanted--humor, sensuality (okay, SEX!), and action adventure. It had a kick-ass world that I could expand if I wanted and great people to write with. I still can't believe I got the opportunity. And even better? It's now a reality! The book is out!!!!!!!!

Wheee!!!!!!! (Yes, Jade has gone off the deep end--diving straight into giddy with a side of happy dance that--truthfully--looks rather stupid. But wow is she happy....) Yippeeeee!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 3/02/2006 02:22:00 PM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

OOOH I get to be the first to step out of character and post!!!
Jade I am doing a happy dance for you. I honestly don't know how you could have played the "Oh--I need to think on this" game too long.
YEA!!!! AS A FAN I AM SO THRILLED THAT MARCH IS HERE AND SEDUCED IS OUT ON THE SHELVES!!!!!
Alright I can't way and congrats again =).
Now I am going to stop procrastinating for the day and get back to writing.
CF

 
At 3/03/2006 07:20:00 PM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

I have my copy ...I have my copy!!! LA LA LA I am going to bed to snuggle up with that book!!! YEA

 
At 3/04/2006 02:35:00 PM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

Jade, I love the book so far!!! I had to use todays post on my blog to talk about it. Love Xiao!
Congrats all over again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home