Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Tonight, I'm feeling better

Tiber has been driving me insane for quite a while, what with treating me like I'm some kind of Ming vase tottering up there on the shelf about to fall. I swear, I was ready to hit him upside the head just for a moment's peace from "Do you need anything, sweetie?" or "Are you all right?" or "Should you be doing that? -- let me do that" and whoosh done. Argh! The doctor said I'm fine as can be, but that I could use a little exercise. (Take that, Tiber!) We heard the heartbeat and Tiber just went absolutely still. But he held my hand tight and I knew he didn't say anything because, like me, if he did, he'd cry just from feeling so much. We also talked about whether I wanted to know what the baby is, you know, vampire, human or demon. Notice the I. Tiber really doesn't care. He doesn't. So, I don't want to know either. Not yet, anyway. At night or if we're snoozing on the couch or something, he talks to the baby. We went to the store, me, Tiber and Holly, and picked out colors for the baby's room and we've all three started making lists of names. We've been going to Lamaze classes, too. When I was pregnant with Holly, I was all by myself. There wasn't anybody fussing over me or asking if I felt OK or if I wanted anything. And there wasn't anybody but me talking to the baby.

Sometimes when he comes into the room, I can't believe it's Tiberiu Korzha who just walked in or that he loves me. But he does. And I love him, too.

5 Comments:

At 2/15/2006 12:41:00 PM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

Ahh Congrats really. :) What colors did you settle on?

 
At 2/17/2006 09:19:00 PM, Blogger Tiber said...

Thank you. It is now my life's work to see Claudia understands I am the fortunate one. I could so easily have done such wrongs as to have lost her forever. I am grateful every day that she chose me.

The room is blue and yellow, but we are prepared to repaint on a moment's notice.

 
At 2/18/2006 02:16:00 PM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

Tiber you and Claudia inspire me. Being single sucks...more so in this city than anywhere else. I can only hope to meet the right man and have the kind of love you and Claudia do.

Blue and yellow ;) Someone is hoping for a boy??

CF

 
At 2/18/2006 06:43:00 PM, Blogger Tiber said...

She wants her (or him) to go to Cal Berkeley. I am learning to say "Go Bears!" with conviction.

 
At 2/19/2006 09:48:00 PM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

You have lots of years to practice that chant too. Just think by then you really will be a fan.
CF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home