Saturday, February 25, 2006

I've just made things worse

I was going through some of the offers for freelance work, about a hundred in the last week, and someone knocked on the door. I ignored it because I was busy feeling sorry for myself over seeing Aslet. It's been a little easier every day until today. At the bar, he just looked so -- shit. Everything that made me sleep with him in the first place. He's gorgeous. I didn't say this before, but when he saw me, he stood up (he was sitting at the bar, where you can watch who comes in) and I pretended like I never noticed him. I was heading for one of the tables, but he cut me off and put his hand on my shoulder. I could feel the heat all the way to my toes. Can you say Miserable all over again? Can you say, I fucked up again? Because instead of telling him I was sorry, I turned around and walked out. It was a really grand exit but I cried in the car all the way home.

I got home, like I said. And I ignored whoever the hell was at the door. Only it was Aslet. He melted the deadbolts and came in anyway. And here's the thing. I was done being mad. Just, you know, done with that. And he sat down on my bed and took out this wrapped up box about the size of a brick, I guess. I know he wrapped it himself because he used way too much tape. "I went back to Orcus," he said. "And I brought this back for you. My grandfather gave this my grandmother, his vishtau mate. I wish for you to have this now." It's the most beautiful inlaid box I've never seen in my life. Inside, there was a tiny golden cup and a golden knife. I've read descriptions of them before but I've never actually seen one. They're used in binding rituals, in case you don't know.

He told me he was sorry to have behaved as he did. He said he did not understand the ways in which human women are different from demon females. He told me how the binding ritual works. Then he put the box on the floor and we made love. Yeah, monumentally stupid. Monumentally fantastic.

6 Comments:

At 2/25/2006 07:53:00 PM, Anonymous stacey said...

please tell me you accepted the the package...and his offer...

seems to me like the two of you should be together after all :) despite a few...shall we say cultural misunderstandings?

 
At 2/25/2006 08:03:00 PM, Blogger Lenore said...

I can't think straight when he's naked. The box is here and I really don't know what I'm going to do except he feels so right.

 
At 2/25/2006 08:25:00 PM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

WAY TO GO LENORE!! I really think that Aslet really put a lot of thought and hard work into the gift and trying to overcome his misunderstandings. I look foreward to hearing nothing but good things about you two. Good luck with the decisions that must be made. ;)
CF

 
At 2/27/2006 07:36:00 PM, Blogger JonnyWolf said...

You are SO on my bad side now. Watch your back baby. I'll freaking bite you, too.

 
At 2/27/2006 07:38:00 PM, Blogger JonnyWolf said...

And by the way, Red, why the hell are you cheering her on? You wound me, baby, you really wound me.

 
At 2/28/2006 02:12:00 AM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

Why can't a gal be happy for someone thats getting some? Any I am cheering because maybe that means you'll be less busy chasing Aslet's tail...u can come chase mine a bit.
Red

 

Post a Comment

<< Home