Saturday, February 11, 2006

Dear Mika, I have this problem...

Since I'm awake a little early, and nothing else is pressing, I have time to talk about what else as been going on. As if Marc being missing and my family in an uproar hasn't been enough drama.

One of the clubs Conor and I hit frequently is The Crimson Jim. Marc was a regular there, and it's logical to assume that if he's healthy, he'll show up there eventually. Humans are creatures of habit.

McCabe usually has me scope out one side while he checks the other in order to save time. Well, twice now I've run into Aslet there and he's spoken to me. Yes, I was surprised. I'm half Mahsei and half human--a freak in Orcus. That an Elismal demon with powers strong enough to rival the Dark Ones deigned to acknowledge me is amazing. Of course, he did want something from me. Advice.

It seems he's having difficulty with a human female that he wants and he didn't understand her issues with him. This is the same type of thing I worry about with Kimi and Nic if they ever became a couple. She wouldn't understand his behavior because she doesn't understand demon culture. Hell, Conor is half demon and even he struggles at times because he was raised human. But I don't want to talk about my family tonight.

So the first time we met, Aslet began to explain his problem to me. He didn't get a chance to finish because he spotted McCabe headed our direction and discretion being the better part of valor and all that, he left. Wise decision.

The second time Aslet and I talked, he spotted his woman with a human male.

I don't have to tell you how volatile that situation was, do I? If I hadn't struggled to hold him back, Aslet would have crossed the distance and killed the man. I don't know what his powers are, and I don't know why Aslet didn't use them--maybe he was too agitated to think of it--but that human was damn lucky I was there. Not that the poor thing has any idea how close he was to death.

I'm also the one that prevented Aslet from following his woman and the human male out of the club. It wasn't easy either, let me tell you, that was one determined Elismal. But then all demons tend to be stubborn.

It took some time for Aslet to calm down enough to tell me what was going on with him and his woman. I think we came up with a good scheme for him to win her back though. Maybe it's a little convoluted, but we didn't get a chance to discuss everything in detail because Conor returned then and he got all territorial about another demon male speaking to me. You gotta love genetics, don't you? Anyway, McCabe is still pissy whenever Aslet's name comes up

Just think, this could be the start of a whole new venture for me--Dear Abby for demons! How much fun would that be? Aslet promised to let me know how our plan worked.

18 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 12:42:00 PM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

Dear Mika(or Abby for demons)...
I have a big problem with a roommate and her vampire boyfriend being up all hours of the night..kissing and slurping and...have any tricks you can show me to make them get a hotel room?

Sorry Mika I couldn't resist you offered the advice column bit.

Just how did you distract Aslet? Seems as though his human-female mistook what Aslet was doing with you completely wrong. Good thing you stopped him because it would have sucked for her to live with the death of that human when all she wanted to do was make Aslet jelous.

 
At 2/13/2006 03:03:00 PM, Blogger Mika McCabe said...

Dear Mika Says:

Best suggestion is to pull your roommate aside and tell her the kissy-face routine is making you uncomfortable and that she and her fang should find somewhere more private for their trysts. If he's been around for a while, surely he has enough money to afford a home of his own.

On Aslet, I physically blocked his path, and used a little magic to keep him from brushing past me. It's hard to muster full strength when your oxygen is too thin. :-) Being a demon of air and wind does have a few benefits now that I have Conor's strength behind my powers.

 
At 2/17/2006 01:45:00 PM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

Dear Mika,
Didn't work she's not ready to go to his home..its safer to hang out in our place according to her. Also now he's become my big brother.(why is everyone so worried about me handling myself...maybe they'll get to see me in action soon enough.) Should I take my dragon flame dagger and threaten to cut out his heart to get my point across?(I wouldn't hurt him..just want to scare him into taking there kissy-faces somewhere else ;).
Another question...is Jonny wolf really an Alpha? I'm trying to put somethings together.
Last...On Aslet, I know you warned he's powerful but he's not a dark demon either. Why would he be dangerous to me if I am promising myself in alliance to him? Just wondering and please McCabe I love ya for your protectiveness but don't be mad at me.
CF

 
At 2/17/2006 06:30:00 PM, Blogger McCabe said...

Dear Mika is in the shower, so I saw your note first. No, Aslet isn't a dark demon, but he may as well be--his powers are as strong as theirs. Remember, demons lie. When they make a bargain, they try to ensure it's to their advantage. Only someone familiar with demons and how they negotiate should try it.

As for your dragon flame dagger, rule number one for fighting: Never threaten violence unless you're prepared to put your money where your mouth is.

 
At 2/17/2006 06:58:00 PM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

Ah ha ha ha ha...like Korbin would hurt me. The dagger is defensive measures only McCabe. *batting my eyelashes as I say this* Little me would never throw the first punch. (In fact turning the other cheek the other night was a pretty painful move on my behalf.)
On Aslet....I don't see any other demon in this city willing to meet with me. I plan to offer to scratch his back on some things for a scratch on my back for others.(I may reconsider if you or Mika care to divulge anything you have heard about me.)
Last...thanks for avoiding the Jonny question. :P
CF

 
At 2/17/2006 09:35:00 PM, Blogger JonnyWolf said...

Crap. Did you get those two to kiss and make up Miz halfsie whatsis? Because if you did, I am you permanent enemy. My man Aslet is a killer, my favorite one in the whole city, and if he starts jumping in the sack with that woman, he's going to be distracted. Jonny doesn't like him distracted.

 
At 2/18/2006 02:36:00 AM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

Jonny why don't you get distracted for a spell? That way you and Aslet are both happy ;) think about it..I am sure there are WAY better things than chasing ol' blue eyes around the city.

 
At 2/18/2006 04:11:00 AM, Blogger McCabe said...

If demons are staying away from you, that's a good thing. You don't want to get mixed up with them, not if you can help it.

I stand by my statement. I don't give a shit if you think Korbin would never hurt you. You threaten someone, you be prepared to follow through, period.

On wolfboy, I don't know his status within the pack, and I really don't care. The only thing I need to know about fangs and dogs is how to kill them.

 
At 2/18/2006 04:25:00 AM, Blogger Mika McCabe said...

To rephrase for Conor, we're demons and there's no reason we would have any inside information on either vampires or werewolves. He also is saying that he (and me too, for that matter) has little interest in learning more than he already knows about either species.

As for bargaining with a demon, I have to agree with Conor. Don't. Even I've been rooked in a deal with the Council and I grew up in Orcus. We (demons) have an incredible talent for letting you believe you're getting what you want out of a deal, but not really promising it. If you're not familiar with the intricacies and complexities of the way demons shade words and phrase things (and if you haven't spent years in Orcus, you wouldn't be), the odds are strong that you'll be rooked too.

 
At 2/18/2006 04:27:00 AM, Blogger McCabe said...

I thought you were playing blackjack?

 
At 2/18/2006 04:30:00 AM, Blogger Mika McCabe said...

I was. Now I'm waiting in line to cash out my chips. When I get up to the room, we can discuss what we want to do with all the money I won.

 
At 2/18/2006 02:08:00 PM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

Owwwwch...that was sort of harsh. :P All I can say is you try being single a spell and having a vamp in your house all hours of the night...I haven't gotten much sleep in two weeks. I'm lonely, confused, and damnit I need some action so yea I'm a little trigger happy. ~ Besides the dagger~DEFENSIVE ONLY. I never pick a fight but I will not turn the other cheek to often when my integrity is in jeopardy.
On Jonny, I only asked because you have been in this City awhile and of all the people to tell the truth I felt it would be you or Mika...I like to investigate facts but I won't ask again.
On Aslet~ I'm done bringing it up what happens happens...I have headed your advice and I will see how things continue to play out. Big question...You both are half demons....what should that mean to me then??
So on any interspecies relations..aren't you going about it all wrong? Knowledge is the key to power...what if I was a dog would you in turn kill me knowing I am not a bad person?? I would hope you'de say no.
CF

 
At 2/19/2006 06:38:00 AM, Blogger Marc Hayes said...

See, McCabe? I warned you about being so anti-social.

 
At 2/19/2006 09:26:00 AM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

Marc!!!!! I was so worried about you...WE were worried about you!
If I could get my arms around you I would sqeeze the stuffing out of you!!!!!! {{{HUUUUUUUUGGGGGGG!!!!!!}}}}
CF

 
At 2/19/2006 07:58:00 PM, Blogger McCabe said...

Hayes, Where the hell have you been??? Get your ass back to Crimson City and check in with B-Ops.

 
At 2/19/2006 08:00:00 PM, Blogger Mika McCabe said...

Marc,

That's Conor's way of saying we've been worried about you and are hugely relieved to have you surface again. Where are you? Do you need help?

Mika

 
At 2/19/2006 08:47:00 PM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

Oh thats wonderful McCabe chase him off before we find out if he's safe. Weren't you the one who was intent on letting that man be because he was getting laid?
We'll I am just glad to see you alive enough to give McCabe a little hell Marc ;)

 
At 2/20/2006 03:07:00 AM, Blogger Marc Hayes said...

Mika, sweetheart, I don't need a translator--I've known McCabe longer than you have. I'm used to him.

I'm fine. Can't talk right now.

Later.
MH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home