Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Cure

I decided the cure for what ails me is work, so I've taken on a freelance project. My client was not exactly truthful. He told me he was sending me after an Elismal or a Nitah. He lied. Now, when I freelance, I get $50K up front, no refunds ever, plus extraordinary expenses (I have a list of what constitutes extraordinary) then $50K upon completion. In return, I take out the demon. So, for that kind of money, my clients think they get to lie to me. The demon he wants taken down is a Bak Faru. What's more, he's a Bak-Faru with friends. Turns out the guy promised the demon his sister if the demon would kill someone my client owes a lot of money. Well, the guy with the IOU is dead and now the demon wants the sister, who is all of 22 I think, and doesn't know anything about her scumbag brother's deal. And the problem is the demon and my client have very different ideas of what "Sure, you can have my sister." actually meant. His Bak-Faru friend doesn't have the sister and is looking to kill my client for failing to keep the promise. Oops.

In the middle of tracking the demon, my cell phone rings and it's Jason. He sounds really upset. So, I leave off my work and go see what's up. It wasn't Jason at all. In fact, when I got to his house, he was fixing dinner for someone else, not me. Someone stole his cell phone yesterday. Now, considering that I'm tracking a Bak Faru, my danger meter is freaking out on me.

What I can't figure out is who the hell would steal Jason's cell phone and call me on it AND manage a spot on imitation of him. For what? So I'll go see he's having dinner with someone else? It's not like we were in love. Hell, we already knew it wasn't going to work out. Jason's new girlfriend was pretty pissed off to see me, let me tell you. Just when I didn't think my life could stink anymore, it does.

5 Comments:

At 2/12/2006 09:21:00 PM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

I don't know how you can keep saying your life stinks. Way I see it you get $50K to hunt down a demon. You realized before it was too late that Jason and you are not a big thing. And you have one hunk of a demon still lusting after you and trying to rid his sorrow by being a stupid male that he is.
Stop being so stubborn and go appologize to Aslet for not understanding his demon ways and work out compromise in your lives.

 
At 2/14/2006 07:54:00 PM, Blogger Lenore said...

I do not apologize to cheaters. Damn it. I can't stop crying.

 
At 2/15/2006 12:46:00 PM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

Lenore, really are you going to listen to Jonny?!??? He lives on stirring up trouble. Any chance you mistook it for something it wasn't.?
Besides technically, you kicked him out....is it cheating if he thinks its over...you were going on dates yourself.
Just offering some non-emotional opinions, your heart may not be letting you see the whole picture.
CF

 
At 2/17/2006 09:25:00 PM, Blogger JonnyWolf said...

Over, over over!

 
At 2/19/2006 08:43:00 PM, Blogger Crimson Fan said...

Lenore ignore him....Talk to Aslet...there are things you two just don't understand about eachother. Unlike normal relationships these interspecies ones take a LOT more work to hold together. Stubborness seems to be both your and Aslet's biggest downfall.
GIRL TO GIRL....GO TALK TO HIM
CF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home