Thursday, January 26, 2006

Damn B-Ops

I found this on Conor's account today. He must have meant to delete it and accidentally archived it instead. I wasn't snooping. I know some people will think I was and I want this clear up front. If I don't clean out his email and voice mail, no one else will. The man is horrible about discarding anything. He's happily abdicated these chores to me. This note, however, was one I'm sure he'd rather I hadn't seen.

From: Franklin Donner
Date: Jan 24, 2006 8:20 AM
Subject: Re: Hayes, Marcus
To: mccabe.conor@g

I'm taking this outside channels because I don't want the press to get wind of the situation. I trust you'll exercise the utmost discretion in this matter. Marcus Hayes has, for lack of a better term, pulled a Rambo. Your assignment, McCabe, is to rein him in and return him to headquarters for psychological counseling. I don't need to tell you ASAP, do I?

Franklin P. Donner
Acting Director
Los Angeles Battlefield Operations

I knew Hayes was going to go off half-cocked, and I knew B-Ops would want him brought back in line. I didn't guess that they'd go to Conor, but I should have. No wonder he's been sneaking out on me. We're partners, damn it, and he's going to learn that and remember it.

2 Comments:

At 1/27/2006 01:37:00 PM, Blogger Just Another Fang said...

Connor needs to watch his back and so does Marcus. B-OPs are shadey and I'm not just saying that because I am a vampire...there is something I just can't put my finger on.

 
At 1/28/2006 08:07:00 AM, Blogger Mika McCabe said...

McCabe has trust issues--it caused all kinds of trouble between us at one point--and I wouldn't be surprised if Marc does too. I don't think either of them would be caught unaware by B-Ops. But I'll keep my eyes on Conor--just in case.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home