Monday, December 12, 2005

The line isn't thin, it's gone

Last night was my first night in the new digs. Since the replacement laptop hasn't come yet, the one in cold storage is still off-site so I didn't have anything to do except sit around pretending I'd get to unpacking in a minute, but really I was reading a romance novel and had no intention of stopping until the end. But somebody knocked. Honest, I thought it was a neighbor or something. But it wasn't.

Yeah, I knew all that stuff you're thinking right now. Don't. Bad idea. Run. Well, I didn't. His eyes are so blue they kill me, they really do. If I close my eyes, I can see them right now, and feel his body, and well, he looked at me and he smiled just a little bit, and then he came in and shut the door. I knew exactly what he was-- I've been following him for ages. There's no excuse. I just let it happen. Nobody's ever touched me like that or looked at me like that or anything like that ever. It wasn't all him, either, in case you're thinking that might be an excuse. He never did anything that felt even the least like compulsion. Believe me, I would have known. It was mutual and that's just the uncomfortable truth. I'm pretty sure afterward he was wondering whether he ought to kill me, but he didn't. What the hell am I going to do now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home