Thursday, November 10, 2005

Unbelievable

It just goes to prove that no one is unshakable. I thought I'd seen and heard it all, but McCabe managed to throw me off balance. He's getting married. Yeah, that's right, Mr. Sociable himself. I can't wait to see the reaction at B-Ops HQ when this gets around. They'll probably pity the poor woman. But hell, I've met Mika. It's McCabe I pity. She'll make him a raving lunatic with that smart aleck mouth of hers. Except.

Except I think her audacity is just what McCabe needs. He's--I don't know--more alive now than he was before. And God knows, his woman needs someone to keep her out of trouble.

The surprises didn't stop there, though. I'm going to be McCabe's best man. I still don't know how that happened. Mika was involved, and the next thing either of us knew, it was all settled. Not sure how I feel about this, and I doubt McCabe does either, but once that innocent-looking bulldozer started working, we were all done.

Ah, well, at least I don't have to rent a freaking tux. The wedding is taking place on the beach, and they're having a luau afterward. Gotta say this for McCabe, he isn't wasting any time getting a ring on her. The wedding's a week from today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home